Thursday, July 29, 2010

Banana Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies

If you read the side bar, you can get an introduction of who I am and why I love allergy-free cooking, but for my first post, I felt that this recipe was more than worthy of the spotlight!





This recipe is from Clean Food by Terry Walters.

2 bananas, mashed
1/4 c. canola oil
1/4 c. maple syrup
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 c. rolled oats
2/3 c. brown rice flour
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/2 c. shredded unsweetend dried coconut
pinch of sea salt
1/4 c. semi-sweet dark chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350. In medium bowl, combine bananas, oil, syrup, and vanilla. In separate medium bowl, combine oats, flour, baking soda, coconut, and salt. Add the banana mixture to the dry ingredients and blend until just combined (do not overstir). Fold in chocolate chips. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper and drop batter by the heaping teaspoon onto sheet. There is no need to roll, flatten, or shape the mounds. Place in oven and bake 14 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven and place directly on wire rack to cool. Makes 1 1/2 dozen cookies.

The only changes I made were that I used sweetened shredded coconut because I couldn't find any unsweetened; I used Enjoy Life chocolate chips; and I used silicone liners instead of the parchment paper. My husband loved them, too- they really don't taste like an allergen-free cookie! I don't think that my son, Evan, likes chocolate very much, so he's not as excited about them as I was, but he's still eating them for the most part.

No comments:

Post a Comment