Thursday, July 29, 2010

Natural Rinse Aid

Ever look at the ingredient list for your rinse aid? My guess would be no- because most conventional rinse aids do not actually list their ingredients.

I didn't use rinse aid in the past, but now we have a new dishwasher and I really noticed the need, so I started buying it. I searched for a natural one, but couldn't find anything. I have seen several online, so I know they are out there, but I just did not see them locally. I ran out of rinse aid recently and I wasn't liking the way my dishes were coming out without any. And I wasn't really happy with the rinse aid either. I mean, I'm rinsing my dishes and glasses and SIPPY CUPS in who knows what chemicals!?!? So yesterday I searched online and found my solution.

Vinegar! I have recently come to really love vinegar for a number of cleaning solutions, which I am sure I will detail here later. It is so cheap and works wonders!

To use vinegar as your rinse aid, simply pour into your rinse aid compartment and let it do the rest! I was just marveling this morning at how truly clean my dishes felt. Cleaner than they did before- with or without conventional rinse aid. My only complaint is that it is difficult to know if the resevoir is full because vinegar is clear, but I can deal with that! No vinegar smell and no yucky chemical-laden dishes! Total success!

2 comments:

  1. Good for you for starting a blog! I've recently started my own. I love cleaning with vinegar as well, and I can't wait to try those cookies. I've been wanting to take a look at the cookbook, Clean Food.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Aimee. I got the cookbook from the library and copied several recipes out of there, but the cookies are all we've tried so far. I am headed over to check your blog out now!

    ReplyDelete