Saturday, February 5, 2011

Evan's Chili Garlic Party Mix

I finally figured out a party mix to satisfy both boys in my house. Enough flavor for Dan, but not too much for Evan. And I like it, too! Happy to have finally figured this one out- just in time for our Superbowl party tomorrow night! Here's the original at chex.com and here is my version...



2 c. Corn Chex cereal (62 g)
2 c. Rice Chex cereal (54 g)
5 c. Mike Sell’s Puffcorn Delites (54 g)
2 Tbsp. canola oil
1 heaping tsp. chili powder
1 heaping tsp. garlic powder

In a large microwavable bowl, mix cereal and “popcorn.” Drizzle with oil and toss until evenly coated.
In a small bowl, combine the chili powder and garlic powder. Sprinkle over cereal mixture and toss until evenly coated.
Microwave uncovered for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring after each minute, until crisp. Spread on waxed paper to cool. Store in airtight container.


I am really looking forward to our Superbowl party tomorrow. Just a couple of friends coming, but Evan is excited because he knows we're having a football party. AND I am serving all food that is safe for him. Can't wait to see how it all turns out! Trying out a couple of new recipes, too, so excited for that. I don't really care about football, but still looking forward to a fun time together. And a full day to have my husband at home. It doesn't happen often and his schedule just got even crazier, so extra thankful for the time we do have together!

1 comment:

  1. I've been looking for a good gluten free snack mix recipe. I will have to give this a try soon. Looks delicious! That's awesome that Evan could eat all the food at your superbowl party.

    ReplyDelete