Saturday, February 26, 2011

Overdue

This post is overdue, I know. My goal is to enter at least one recipe into my Tastebook each week and then blog it here. I owe you three this weekend. I am fairly certain there are no spelling errors here, but it IS midnight and we were up at 5:30am. (4:30 the day before!) I don't know how Dan is handling his schedule between his two jobs and the fire dept.- I'm barely handling it myself and I'm not working. Doing plenty at home, but nothing I get paid for! While I wait for him to come home from job #2, I'll post the first recipe of the weekend.
Michelle's Crispy Oven Fried Chicken

After searching the internet for just the right recipe and not finding it, I decided to come up with my own instead. And I am so glad that I did! Dan said it tasted like KFC, which, from him is a compliment! I chose not to figure exact measurements because it will never be the same, depending on how the chicken is cut.

boneless, skinless chicken breast- cut into strips and/or nuggets
olive oil
combination of rice and corn chex cereal, crushed (Evan loves to help with the crushing!)
salt
pepper
garlic powder

Prepare your three-step assembly line. First is a plate with the chicken, cut to desired size. Second, a bowl with olive oil in the bottom. Third, in a pie plate, combine crushed cereal with salt, pepper, and garlic powder, to taste. Be generous.

Take the chicken and dip in the olive oil, allowing the excess to drip off. Then, roll in chex mixture to coat. Arrange chicken pieces on greased baking sheet and bake at 450° for 16 minutes. Cut into one or two of the largest pieces to ensure that the chicken is cooked through. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like your family is going through quite a busy time. 3 jobs would be tough.

    That's great that you created a recipe! I always feel so good after I come up with something delicious.

    ReplyDelete