Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies

I'm still behind. I know, I know. Still working on it... obviously not getting quite where I want to be. But hooray- here's a new recipe for today at least.

I am super proud of these cookies because I was able to recreate my old favorites in a version that is not only safe for Evan, but healthier, too! These cookies are not your typical chocolate chip, but are more like little morsels of banana chocolate chip bread/muffins. In fact, when Evan tried these, he said “It’s a muffin!” which, from him, is a huge compliment. These cookies are also quick and easy, which is always a plus, too!

Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies
1¼ c. brown rice flour (200g)
1¼ c. gluten-free oat flour (150g)
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
3 large ripe bananas
⅜ c. canola oil
⅜ c. pure maple syrup
½ tsp. vanilla
1 c. Enjoy Life mini chocolate chips (175g)

In a large bowl, combine the first four ingredients. Then in a blender, pureƩ the next four, until smooth. Pour the wet ingredients from the blender into the bowl and mix until well-combined. Stir in chocolate chips.

Drop cookies onto baking sheet by the tablespoon. Bake for 10 minutes at 350° and cool on wire racks.

Note: My original NOT-allergy-friendly cookie recipe was from Gooseberry Patch Family Favorites and I worked from that and then borrowed from the recipe for Banana Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies from Clean Food by Terry Walters. Also, this recipe makes about 45 cookies. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment