Thursday, January 13, 2011

Evan's No-Bake Cookies

Keeping up with my goal to complete my Tastebook this year and blog the recipes here, I'm posting a quick no-bake cookie recipe for your enjoyment. We've been enjoying them here! No-bake cookies aren't only good for the summer when you don't want to heat things up, but they are super quick and easy for when you are pressed for time! (And when aren't you??)

Evan's No-Bake Cookies

2 Tbsp. cocoa powder
1/3 c. sugar
1/4 c. Earth Balance margarine
1/4 c. plus 1 Tbsp. rice milk
1 1/2 c. gluten-free oats
1/4 c. soy butter (peanut butter substitute)
1 tsp. vanilla

Place cocoa powder, sugar, Earth Balance, and rice milk in a large microwave-safe bowl. Cook on high for 3 minutes, stirring after each minute. Stir in remaining ingredients. Mix well. Roll into small balls. Place on wax paper and refrigerate until firm.



I'm allergic to peanuts, too, so I have made these with sun-butter before, but since Evan's allergic to sunflower seeds, I had to use soy butter. I don't like the taste of it all by itself, but you don't notice it in the recipe. This was Evan's first time with the soy butter and he did just fine with it, thankfully! I'm excited that it worked for him because that opens up a bunch of other recipes that I'd like to try for him.

1 comment: