Thursday, January 6, 2011

New Year, New Start

Okay, so I know I went MIA in September. And I'm sorry. Trying to keep on top of everything at home can get kind of overwhelming and I always feel like there are so many other things I should be doing other than this. But I think I have come to realize that this is important, too- it's time for me. Just me. It's actually one of my goals for this year to find my way here at least once a week.

Another goal is to complete my Tastebook this year, so I'll be posting links to the recipes here as I finish those up. The first one that I am giving you is Chicken Enchilada Casserole. I thought that Evan wouldn't eat anything mixed together, but I have come to discover that he just won't eat rice or ground beef. This is the first casserole he's had. He still kind of picks through it, but he does a pretty good job with it.

The original recipe was found here: http://www.food.com/282566

I had to get rid of the onion because it seems to give Evan major heartburn. Not sure if there is any allergy issue there, but might have him tested when we do all of that this summer. I think this link will work for my version. Someone let me know, please. Here it is: http://http//www.tastebook.com/recipe_books/639273-Recipes-from-Michelle?details_view=true



Well, Dan is finally home from job #2, so I think that'll be it for now. Hope your new year is off to a great start!

2 comments:

  1. Really glad to see you posting again. I've missed you! Sorry to say the link didn't work when I tried it. The Tastebook website looks really fun!
    Hope you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Aimee! I'm glad to be back. Tastebook is terrific! I can't wait to get mine done and get all the recipes. I got a gift card for Christmas- a couple of years ago! I have my cover, just need to fill it with lots of recipes for Evan. I posted the recipe. I guess Tastebook doesn't want you to link to their site.

    ReplyDelete