Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Canned Pumpkin

I finished another piece of felt food- a can of pumpkin! Definitely one of Evan's favorites! He eats canned pumpkin nearly every night at dinner, but I am trying to get him into more variety. I have some butternut squash in the oven right now. When I don't have something ready, though, canned pumpkin is a lifesaver. Anyway, no tutorial or pattern to follow on this one. Just kind of made it up as I went. I put thin pieces of carboard in the top and bottom to make the ends stiffer, so it should stand up pretty well. I'm pretty pleased with it. The pictures aren't the greatest, I know, but I stitched a little bit of detail in the top and bottom like the rings on a real can.



4 comments:

  1. Michele, I have a whole cookbook dedicated to pumpkin, called the Pumpkin Lover's Cookbook. You would probably have to adapt most of them to be allergy free, but you could borrow it for ideas if you'd like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, and by the way, I love your felt foods!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your are so creative! What kind of felt are you using? Wool or regular?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, both of you, about the felt food- I still feel like I am kind of winging it. I'd love to be able to make it and sell it. It's so much fun and makes me feel productive, but I don't know if it's to that level yet!

    Leah- I would love to borrow that cookbook! Sounds like just the thing for us!

    Aimee- It's just the regular felt so far. I have just been getting it at Hobby Lobby, Michael's, and Jo-Ann's. I think I am getting to the point where I might need to look for some other colors online, though.

    ReplyDelete