Monday, August 9, 2010

Family Dinner #2



Tonight I made Eggplant Parmesean for all of us. I just peeled and sliced an eggplant and layered it with some organic pasta sauce and some Daiya Mozzarella Shredded Cheese. This stuff is great- it is vegan and it doesn't even have any soy! It actually melts, too. The best cheese substitute we've found so far for sure. Anyway, you layer everything except for your last bit of cheese on top, cover with foil, and bake at 350 degrees F for about 45 minutes. Then take off the foil, sprinkle a little cheese, and pop it back in the oven until it melts. It turned out pretty well and I don't think I would have noticed the cheese wasn't real if I didn't already know. Evan actually ate a few bites, but then ended up munching on leftover ham, brown rice spiral pasta, and pumpkin. What matters to me is that we were all at the dinner table together and it was safe! Nothing to worry about- except for having to scrub the carpet a little to get some pumpkin out! On my shopping list- one of those mats that goes under a rolling computer chair to put in the dining room so that it's heavy enough to handle the dining room chair and keeps the carpet clean. And a placemat that will stick to the table. I have a suction cup one, but it didn't seem to stick to the wood. I've never had a problem when we used it before, but I'd never tried it at home. Anyway, Evan sure is happy to be at the table and I am so happy to have him there!

1 comment:

  1. Looks delicious! Even looks so cute at the table. I love that curly hair!

    ReplyDelete